– Medicare Advantage –
What are Medicare Advantage Plans?
Medicare Advantage Plans, sometimes called Part C, are an alternative way to receive Medicare benefits. These plans are Medicare health plans that are offered by private companies who contract with Medicare to provide all or your Part A and Part B benefits. These plans must provide all the benefits of Part A and Part B, and many plans offer additional coverage too.
With Original Medicare, you can go to any doctor, facility or hospital that accepts Medicare. Medicare Advantage plans have a network of doctors, facilities and hospitals. Each plan will have specific rules about coverage outside of the network, but with all plans, you will pay more for any care that you receive outside of the network.
Original Medicare does not pay for any of the services on your Medicare Advantage plan. All payments are provided by the plan provider. Essentially, you are giving up Medicare Part A and Part B to join a Medicare Advantage plan.
Medicare Advantage plans have lower premiums, but you could end up paying higher out-of-pocket costs depending on your health. Some plans charge higher copays for things like inpatient hospital stays and chemotherapy. Additionally, plans provide limited coverage when you travel out of state or county.
You still have to enroll in Original Medicare. This means that you are still paying your Medicare Part B premium. If you are trying to decide between a Medicare Advantage plan and a Medicare Supplement (Medigap) plan, working with an agent that specializes in these plans is a great way to ensure you consider all your options. Senior Healthcare solutions can review the pros and cons of each plan type with you.
Let our licensed Medicare advisors compare pricing for you. We can compare over 25+ top-rated insurance companies at one time. Call us at 866-MEDIGAP (633-4427). Our Services are absolutely free to you!
Download Our New Medicare Advantage eBook Today
– Medicare Advantage –
Medicare Advantage Questions & Answers
Most of you are probably familiar with Medicare Part A (hospitalization coverage) and Medicare Part B (doctor visit coverage). But how much do you know about Medicare Part C? Are...
Anyone can join a Medicare Advantage plan as long as they have Medicare Part A and part B. You will continue to pay your Part B premium of $148.50 in 2021. You must...
Remember, Original Medicare (Part A and Part B) will only cover about 80% of your Medicare eligible costs. This can be devastating financially if you have to pay the other 20%...
No. Each Medicare Advantage Plan is different. All plans must cover at least all the services that are provided under Part A and Part B. Medicare Advantage...
It is important for you to pay attention to more than just the monthly premium cost. Monthly premiums for these plans are low and some have $0 premium. How much you pay...
All the benefits of Medicare Part A All the benefits of Medicare Part B Most include prescription drug coverage Most plans have extra benefits you cannot get from Medicare Parts...
How do I compare all the different Medicare Advantage Plans?
What are the different types of Medicare Advantage Plans?
The different types of Medicare Advantage plans available
How much does a Medicare Advantage Plan Cost?
Medicare Advantage Plans: Example of Costs for Deductible, Copays, Coinsurance and more.
What are Medicare Advantage Special Needs Plans?
What are Dual Eligible Special Needs Plans?
What are Chronic Illness Special Needs Plans?
What are Institutional Special Needs Plans?
How do I Enroll in a Special Needs Plan?