Medicare Advantage plans generally have low to $0 premium; however, you can’t just compare premium. These plans have a “pay as you go” for services provided. Additionally, there are other comparisons that you need to review:
- Compare Plan Types: HMO, PPO, PFFS, POS, or SNP
- Compare Plan Costs: Costs vary by plan premium, copays, and maximum out-of- pocket (MOO) costs
- Compare Additional Benefits Offered
- Compare Network Size: Are all my doctors in network? What hospitals and facilities are in network?
- Compare Travel Restrictions
- Compare Prior Approval and Referral Policies
People Also Read: How much does a Medicare Advantage Plan Cost?