Listed below are basic costs for people with Medicare. If you want to see and compare costs for specific health care plans, contact Senior Healthcare Solutions.
2022 Medicare Costs at a Glance
This article is meant to be exactly as the title says, “Costs at a Glance”. We have another published article in which we dive deep in to the 2022 Medicare Cost and Changes. Or, if you’re looking for the average cost of Medicare Supplement Plans, we have just the piece for you.
2022 Medicare Part A premium
- Most people don’t pay a monthly premium for Part A (sometimes called “premium-free Part A”). If you buy Part A, you’ll pay up to $471 each month in 2021 ($499 in 2022). If you paid Medicare taxes for less than 30 quarters, the standard Part A premium is $471 ($499 in 2022). If you paid Medicare taxes for 30-39 quarters, the standard Part A premium is $259 ($274 in 2022). Part A hospital inpatient deductible and coinsurance
2022 Medicare Part A hospital inpatient deductible and coinsurance
- You pay:
- $1,484 ($1,556 in 2022) deductible for each benefit period
- Days 1-60: $0 coinsurance for each benefit period
- Days 61-90: $371 ($389 in 2022) coinsurance per day of each benefit period
- Days 91 and beyond: $742 ($778 for 2022) coinsurance per each “lifetime reserve day” after day 90 for each benefit period (up to 60 days over your lifetime)
- Beyond lifetime reserve days: all costs
2022 Medicare Part B premium
- The standard Part B premium amount is $148.50 ($170.10 in 2022) (or higher depending on your income).
2022 Medicare Part B deductible and coinsurance
- $203 ($233 in 2022). After your deductible is met, you typically pay 20% of the Medicare-Approved Amount for most doctor services (including most doctor services while you’re a hospital inpatient), outpatient therapy, and durable medical equipment (DME)
2022 Medicare Part C premium
- The Part C monthly premium varies by plan.
2022 Medicare Part D premium
- The Part D monthly premium varies by plan (higher-income consumers may pay more).
People Also Asked: When to apply for Medicare
People Also Searched: Premium free Medicare Part A eligibility