You will be automatically enrolled in Medicare Parts A and B effective the month you turn 65 if you are receiving Social Security Retirement benefits. If you do not receive Social Security Retirement benefits, then you will need to sign up for Medicare Part B. You can sign up for Medicare Part by:
1. Visiting your local Social Security office.
2. Call Social Security at 1-800-772-1213 (TTY: 1-800-325-0778).
3. Apply online at Social Security.
4. Complete an Application for Enrollment in Part B (CMS-40B).
5. How to sign up for Social Security Benefits: https://www.ssa.gov/benefits/medicare/
6. CMS-40B Part B form: https://www.cms.gov/Medicare/CMS-Forms/CMS-Forms/CMS-Forms-Items/CMS017339.html
Learn More: How Much Does Medicare cost?
People Also Read: What are Medicare Enrollment Periods?