Not sure what plan is right for you? Take Our Medicare Quiz

Request A Quote

2023 Medicare Cost Year Over Year Comparison

Speak to an advisor

866-MEDIGAP (633-4427)

TTY: Dial 711

Email Us

Medicare Enrollment Ends In...








Not sure what plan is right for you? Take Our Medicare Quiz

What are the differences between Medicare Supplement (Medigap) Plans F, G and N?

  • Medicare with Melissa

  • Plan F: Medicare pays 80%. Plan F will pay the remaining 20%. Plan F covers 100% of coinsurance, copays and deductibles on all Medicare covered services. 
  • Plan G: Medicare pays 80%. Plan G has a Part B deductible. Once this is met, Plan G covers 100% of coinsurance, copays and deductibles on all Medicare covered services. The Part B deductible is Medicare Part B Deductible: $233 in 2022.  
  • Plan N: Medicare pays 80%. Plan N you pay the Part B deductible of Medicare Part B Deductible: $233 in 2022 Once this is met, you will pay $20 copay at some doctor offices and a $50 copy at the emergency room if you are not admitted. Plan N does not pay Part B excess charges. 


Medicare Supplement (Medigap) Plan F, Plan G and Plan N comparison of coverage

The benefit chart compares Medicare Supplement (Medigap) plans F, G and N.

Note: A ✓ means 100% of benefit is paid with the exception of foreign travel. Foreign travel is covered 80%.

Comparison of Plan F, Plan G and Plan N

Medicare Supplement Plan Benefits ComparisonFGN
Medicare Part A coinsurance and hospital coverage.Up to an additional 365 days after Medicare benefits are used up
Medicare Part B:Coinsurance or copaymentCopays Apply1
Blood: First 3 Pints
Hospice Care Part A
Skilled Nursing Facility Coinsurance
Medicare Part A Deductible
Medicare Part B Deductible
Medicare Part B Excess Charges
Foreign Travel Emergency (up to plan limits)


Plan N pays 100% of Part B co-insurance, except for a co-payment of up to $20 for some doctor office visits and up to $50 for the emergency room.  Plan N does not pay the Part B deductible of Medicare Part B Deductible: $233 in 2022.

Additional Facts on Medicare Supplemental Insurance

  • Each standardized Medicare Supplement (Medigap) plan must offer the same basic benefits no matter which insurance company sells it. 
  • Cost and rating are usually the only difference between Medicare Supplement plans with the same letter sold by different insurance companies. 
  • In Massachusetts, Minnesota, and Wisconsin, Medigap Plans are designed as “a la carte” plans where consumers can choose specific benefits and design a plan specifically for their needs.
  • Medicare doesn’t pay any premium for a client to receive a Medicare Supplement policy and some states have a cap on Medicare Supplement premiums.
  • Medicare Part C, also known as Medicare Advantage, is offered through private insurance companies as an alternative way to retain insurance. 
  • Medigap Plans are not the same as Medicare Advantage Plans (Part C).

Learn More: Which Medigap Plan Should I Choose?

Related Articles: Medicare Supplement Plan G, Medicare Supplement Plan F, Medicare Supplement Plan N

People Also Read: How much does a Medicare Supplement (Medigap) plan cost?

Popular Search: Humana Medigap

Meet Melissa MacCalla

Medicare is not simple and can be hard, frustrating, and downright confusing for most. I love when I get someone on the phone and I am given the opportunity to explain the difference in plans to them and have Medicare make sense. I enjoy talking to clients year after year, hearing about their families growing or them asking about mine.


Oh my gosh!! I was so confused about the Medicare Supplement process. I am turning 65 soon and am retired and have always had insurance thru my former employer. I didn’t know a thing about going on Medicare and was struggling to sort it all out.

A friend of mine recommended contacting Senior HealthCare Solutions, so I did. Melissa was FANTASTIC!! She was professional, responsive, caring and friendly. She explained the steps I needed to take, gathered my information, helped me choose good plans for MY specific needs and took care of my applications over the phone. 1-2-3, eesy-peesy and I was done!! And it didn’t cost me a DIME!!! WOW!!! I HIGHLY recommend Senior Healthcare Solutions for anyone who’s overwhelmed with making the right choices with Medicare Supplemental Insurance and Rx coverage. It’ll take a load off your mind!

Janice W.

"*" indicates required fields

Get Help Now

Be sure to sign up and stay up to date on new articles and Medicare updates.
Zip Code*

🔒Your information is safe and secure.

You may unsubscribe from these communications at any time.
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ Excellent Rating

Have Questions? Want to Chat?

Use the link below to schedule an appointment with us.

Other posts you may interested in…

%d bloggers like this: