Medicare Supplement Plan K:
What Is It & What Does It Cover?
Medicare Supplement Plan K is a cost-sharing plan with an annual out-of-pocket limit. It offers partial coverage for a specific group of services that aren’t fully covered by standard Medicare plans. Medigap Plan K has lower premiums and higher deductibles.
Medigap Plan K Coverage Information
Medigap Plan K completely covers Medicare Part A coinsurance and coverage for hospital stays up to 365 days after standard Medicare benefits are used up. Plan K covers 50% of some additional services but does not provide full coverage like other Medicare Supplement plans do.
Medigap Plan K covers 50% of the following services:
- Coinsurance and copayments not covered by Medicare Part B
- Blood deductible (the cost of the first three pints of blood)
- Coinsurance or copayments for hospice care not covered by Medicare Part A
- Coinsurance for time spent in a skilled nursing care facility
- Medicare Part A deductible
Medigap Plan K does not cover the following:
- Part B Deductible & Copays
- Part B Excess Charges
- Coinsurance for Skilled Nursing
- At Home Recovery
- Preventative Care
- Vision Care
- Dental Care
- Foreign Travel Emergency Care
It’s important to note that Medigap Plan K has the highest out-of-pocket requirement of all the available Medicare supplement plans.
Learn More about Medicare Supplement Plan K by visiting our Resources Section section and viewing Medicare Plan K Coverage per benefit period and per calendar year.
Ready to Talk to an Advisor?
At Senior HealthCare Solutions, we take the time to assess your situation and review all plans to see which will be the best fit for you. To compare Medicare Supplement Quotes and find the best Medicare Supplement Plan in your area, call us today by dialing 1-866-MEDIGAP (633-4427) or complete our Contact Form and one of our licensed advisers will be in touch.