Medicare Supplement Plan C:
What Is It & What Does It Cover?
Medigap Plan C is one of the most comprehensive Medicare Supplemental Insurance Plans. Only Medigap Plan F offers more coverage to consumers. The only difference in coverage is that Medicare Supplement Plan C doesn’t pay for the excess charges.
Excess charges can be applied by a physician that charges more than the Medicare approved cost. Although we don’t see this often, it’s always best to ask your provider before each visit or procedure if it will be a Medicare approved charge and if he/she plans to charge more.
Medicare Supplement Plan C covers the Medicare deductibles, co-payments and co-insurance otherwise not covered by Medicare. As with all Medicare Supplement plans, there is no network of doctors or hospitals to be concerned with when seeking care. This allows the consumer the freedom to choose any provider nationwide, so long as they accept Medicare.
Medigap Plan C Coverage Information
This Medicare Supplemental policy covers the following:
- Medicare Part A hospital coinsurance and hospital costs up to 365 days after Original Medicare benefits are exhausted
- Medicare Part A hospice care coinsurance or copayments
- Medicare Part B copayments and coinsurance
- Blood deductible (first three pints of blood)
- Skilled Nursing Facility care coinsurance
- Medicare Part A deductible
- Medicare Part B deductible
- Foreign travel emergency care (80% of approved costs up to plan limits)
Medigap Plan C does not cover the following:
- Part B Excess Charges
Learn More about Medicare Supplement Plan C by visiting our Resources Section and viewing Medicare Plan C Coverage per benefit period and per calendar year.
Ready to Talk to an Advisor?
At Senior HealthCare Solutions, we take the time to assess your situation and review all plans to see which will be the best fit for you. To compare Medicare Supplement Quotes and find the best Medicare Supplement Plan in your area, call us today by dialing 1-866-MEDIGAP (633-4427) or complete our Contact Form and one of our licensed advisers will be in touch.