Medicare Supplement Plan B:
What Is It & What Does It Cover?
Medicare Supplement Plan B benefits are very similar in benefits to those of a Medicare Supplement Plan A. In fact, the only difference in coverage is the Medicare Supplement Plan B will pick up 100% of the Medicare Part A deductible. In most cases, however, the premium doesn’t make up for the different in coverage.
As with all Medicare Supplement Insurance Plans, there is no network of doctors or hospitals to be concerned with when seeking care. You have the freedom to choose any provider nationwide under your Medigap Plan B policy so long as the provider accepts Medicare.
Medigap Plan B Coverage Information
This Medicare Supplemental policy covers the following:
- Your copayments and coinsurance for Medicare Part B
- Your blood deductible portion (the cost of the first three pints of blood)
- Your Medicare Part A deductible
- Your Medicare Part A hospital expenses and coinsurance up to 365 additional days after your Medicare benefits are depleted
- Hospice care coinsurance or copayment (Part A)
Medigap Plan B does not cover the following:
- Part B Deductible
- Part B Excess Charges
- Coinsurance for Skilled Nursing
- At Home Recovery
- Preventative Care
- Vision Care
- Dental Care
- Foreign Travel Emergency Care
Learn More about Medicare Supplement Plan B by visiting our Resources Section and viewing Medicare Plan B Coverage per benefit period and per calendar year.
Ready to Talk to an Advisor?
At Senior HealthCare Solutions, we take the time to assess your situation and review all plans to see which will be the best fit for you. To compare Medicare Supplement Quotes and find the best Medicare Supplement Plan in your area, call us today by dialing 1-866-MEDIGAP (633-4427) or complete our Contact Form and one of our licensed advisers will be in touch.